What do I do if I have a special activity I want the character to do?
- Tell us and we will make sure to tell you party performers
- Tell your performers when they arrive so they can adjust to accommodate your request
What if we are just having too much fun and we need more time?
- We are happy to stay over and you will just be charged according to the schedule of pricing provided
- If another show is scheduled following you we will have to make sure we leave in time to travel to them but we usually leave 1 hour after each event just in case
What happens if the kids are scared?
- As a rule we get a couple of scared kids from time to time. This is one of the main reasons there is a hostess. They try to avoid the real screamers and make it better for them by making sure your character is at all times away from them.
- If they are tentative the host serves as a bridge and will encourage them to shake hands or hug
- One of the best preventatives for this is to have an older kid/ adult at the party be excited and hug the character when they get there. This sets an example for everyone else at the party – greeted warmly everyone happy – greeted with a scream – sometimes contagious. We of course hope this never happens… but we have to be practical.
What type of people come to my house?
- Most all of our employees have been with us 1 – 7 years. They go through training by us to perform and they also have to meet minimum skill requirements. Those that come to us are generally 17 – 24 and have usually been referred to us by a family member, friend – sometimes even clients.
What do I need to do to prepare for my event?
- Make a reservation (you can do this by calling 630.922.6100 or filling out the on line form).
- Send us back you signed confirmation letter and deposit before your event.
- Make sure if you are hard to find we have detailed directions & a phone number that you will answer the day of the event – give us 5 phone numbers if you need to! The worst thing to have happen is to be lost and looking for a house and not get an answer and then have to feel the pressure of running late.
- Make sure we have the room name or number if we are going to a hall
- We endeavor to bring most everything we need – BUT -
- We will ask for a plug and a chair/table to set the CD player on. If you have one accessible and ready to use in the room you’ll have us in then we’ll just pop in our CD.
- We will ask sometimes for a changing area
- We will ask sometimes for napkins and water when face painting
Can we do anything to make things easier for you?
- We like to have easy parking and it’s great if you leave us a spot in the driveway (please let us know if this is available to us)
- If you live in the City of Chicago a designated parking spot is a must
- Making sure to fill out the name tags or sending us the names in advance
- The performers always appreciate a bottle of water to go on hot days
- Have your cake ready for an easy transition from activities to cake including having candles and a lighter handy
- Tell us if WE can do anything to make it easier for YOU